Monday, March 7, 2011

A Virus for Macs?

A good friend of mine was showing off her very cool Mac products recently.  My daughter is obsessed with owning an iPod-touch.  Everyone wants an iPad…. WHY??? I don’t get it!!!  The entire line of ‘i’ equipment is WAY over priced and WAY overly complicated.  This is just my opinion.  Why would I pay hundreds of dollars just so I can use my finger to move things on the screen?  Doesn’t my daughters $20 MP3 player do all a 10 year old needs it to do?  Why do I want an iPad when I own a full laptop that has the ability to do everything vs the iPad that doesn’t have a keyboard, is a very tiny screen can’t play movies (ok I can but very small).  I do not get it – these people must just have extra money to burn and I really wish I could have it!  :-)  The big selling point is supposed to be that the Mac is untouchable, no viruses… maybe this isn’t so true.  Check out this info I read this morning. 

This information was found on www.howtogeek.com

Mac OS X Trojan catches Sophos' eyeA new Trojan has cropped up and it's targeting Mac OS X users, one security firm says. According to Sophos, the Trojan, called "BlackHole RAT" by its author and "MusMinim" by the security firm, is a variant of the Remote Access Trojan on Windows. The author of the Trojan says the malware is not yet completed, but it already does some annoying things.

image

Simply Seniors Computer Tutor is the premier technical assistant for seniors! Not only do they offer classes at various locations throughout Brevard, they offer one on one in home services, repair, pick up and delivery, new computer set up and specialty projects such as photo recoloring, digital photo archiving and much more. Simply Seniors Computer Tutors are Florida and Brevard County background checked, arrive in identifiable uniform, with company ID, additionally, UNLIKE the 'average guy' posting on CL, our company is licensed, insured and certified to work on your computer. KNOW YOUR COMPUTER TECHNICIAN do not allow just anyone into your very personal data and information or your home! Simply Seniors Computer Tutor understands seniors have unique learning abilities and we have spent the last 10 years researching the BEST methods for computer training and senior citizens. Stop struggling to use your PC or stop your parents constant phone calls asking "how do I..." Call Simply Seniors Computer Tutor today at 321-431-3866  www.ComputerTutorHelp.Us

No comments:

Post a Comment